Multivitamins are essential for all women to lead a healthy life. But it is important to note that multivitamin needs of women are different in different stages of their lives.
Getting all essential nutrients (like vitamins and minerals) from their daily diet is a bit difficult for both men and women. However, getting all essential nutrients from daily diet can be more difficult in case of women because the nutritional needs of both men and women are different. Therefore, in order to lead a healthy life it is necessary for all women to consume Womens Multivitamin. It is important to note that these multivitamins are designed specially to cater to the unique nutritional needs of women.
According to the health experts multivitamins for women are like all other multivitamins. In fact they serve as a supplement to a healthy diet. Taking multivitamins along with a balanced and healthy diet covers the deficiencies of vitamins and minerals that may have occurred in the diet on a particular day. Now you must be wondering what multivitamins for women contains. Here are some vitamins and minerals which are present in multivitamins for women:
- Folic Acid: It should be noted that all women of child-bearing age must take at least 400 mcg of folic acid every day. Intake of folic acid is essential for all women of child-bearing age because it helps in preventing neural tube birth defects like anencephaly and spina bifida.
- Calcium– Women generally lose bone density and suffer from osteoporosis. Therefore, it is necessary for women to take calcium because it helps to build bone mass and reduces chances of developing osteoporosis later in life. Multivitamins for women contain calcium for the purpose of strengthening and building bone mass.
- Iron– It is necessary for all women to intake sufficient amount of iron in order to prevent them from being anemic. Anemia is more common among women than men because of the menstrual cycle. It should be noted that the menstruation process draws out iron from the women’s body every month leading to anemia. Multivitamins for women contain sufficient amount of iron needed by a woman’s body in order to combat iron.
- Vitamin D– Studies have shown that vitamin D helps in protecting women against colon and breast cancer. In addition to this it also helps in improving their immune system.
- Vitamin C– Multivitamins for women contain vitamin C because it is a powerful antioxidant is necessary to maintain the health of the immune system.
Thus, it can be said that multivitamins for women containing the above mentioned vitamins and minerals provide several benefits to women because they help in fulfilling their unique nutritional needs.
But it is important to note that the multivitamin needs of a woman vary with her age. This is so because she undergoes different physiological changes at different stages of her life. Due to these physiological changes her multivitamin needs also change i.e. increase or decrease in a particular composition of nutrients.
If you are a woman and wish to consume multivitamin supplement then make sure you get the one that is specially designed for you in order to avail its maximum benefits.